Sunday 15 March 2015

Initial Ideas



Unit X (6 Degress of Separation)

I have had a few ideas from exploring how strangers are linked together in the city even though they're from different walks of life. I do not want to jump to a final conclusion in the first week, so therefore I am going to start by researching Immigration in Manchester. I believe that without all the people from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds in Manchester today, Manchester would be a completely different place. Through my work I'd like to suggest that you don't have to be the same ethnicity/ have the same way of life to form a community.

I'd like to explore the history of immigration within Manchester and experiment with several salient mediums.

Ideas in bullet point:
  • Portraiture profiles of 6 individuals that are linked to each other
  • Portraits drawn with different materials then overlapped with maps of Manchester
  • Print maps of Manchester
  • 5 different scenarios when the first person meets the second, the second meets the third and so on... drawings of HOW and WHERE they know each other from

No comments:

Post a Comment