Tuesday 28 April 2015

Denise Nestor & Carly Elizabeth Schmitt


Denise Nestor
A contemporary, Irish Illustrator.
Nestor's illustrations are very sensitive, personal yet simple and appealing. She combines facial structures and animals to convey her dainty pieces. She enjoys capturing emotions in her characters and over lapping them is an interesting aesthetic and gives the drawing depth. This technique is also a way of representing how people are connected in an emotional sense.





Her illustrations inspire me and ignite ideas for my current UNIT X project. I think that over laying faces is a good way of linking to the idea of '6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION'.


Carly Elizabeth Schmitt

 A contemporary designer who is well known for her surrealist illustrations and paintings. 

Time after time she adjusts her illustrations in Photoshop to portray these surreal and haunting images. I have chosen to research Schmitt because like myself, she is also fond over layering images and morphing faces into one.




Above: My attempt at recreating Carly Schmitt's surreal, mirrored portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment